Day 4
Before we get on to my exciting morning at Bere Regis, let me harp on about the e-bike some more.....This bike has 3 power settings, called (lowest to highest) 'Eco', 'Sport' and 'Power'. It's not that I'm in any way militant or snobby about cycling, but yesterday I spent a lot of time wondering whether there was some kind of code of honour that would prevent a proper cyclist from actually using the Power mode. Is that going too far? Being too lazy? I was unsure, so spent yesterday's ride diligently slogging it out in 'Sport' mode feeling proud of myself for doing so.
I put this musing to the Travel Dorset guys, seasoned cyclists every one. Was there any shame in using Power mode? The response was pretty clear:
'WHAT??? Why WOULDN'T you? It's REALLY FUN!'
Ok. Well, they're the experts.
With this in mind, I proceeded on today's adventure.....